1. _______________________ This refers to the group of techniques used to separate complex mistures on the basis of their physical interaction with the mobile and stationary phases.
2. ________________________ It is a measure of the degree of separation of solute bands relative to their bandwidths.
3._________________________ Enumerate two techniques by chromatographic bed shape
5._________________________ Enumerate the three physical state techniques of the mobile phase.
8._________________________ Give the three parameters measured in chromatography.
GRAVIMETRY, TITRIMETRY, VOLUMETRY & OSMOMETY
1. This method determines the number of moles of reagent required to react quantitatively with the substance being determined:
2. In this method the the titrant is introduced continuously and can perform without supervision:
a. manual modes of transmission
b. automated modes of transmission
c. automated modes of transmission
d. semi-automated modes of transmission
3. This is a device in automatic transfer of titrant that are highly reliable and do not require calibration.
a. persitaltic pumps
b. piston burettes
c. suction-stroke piston pumps
d. automatic pumps
4. These are the types of titration based on the formation of a complex between the titrant and the analyte.
a. redox titration
b. complexometric titration
c. acid base titration
d. ion titration
5. Method of analysis that has the potential for a precision of up to 0.1 %
6. Most common method used in osmometry method of analysis
a. vapor pressure
b. freezing point deression
c. membrane osmometry
d. volumetric presure
7. It is the most accurate macro - quantitative method of anaylsis
8. Methods of osmometry that determines the concentration of osmotically active particles:
a. freezing point depression
b. vapor pressure osmometry
c. membrane osmometry
d. suction pump osmometry
9. This is a device in the automatic transfer of titrant that requires frequent calibration due to continual changes in the physical properties of the tunes utilized:
a. piston burettes
b. peristaltic pumps
c. suction -stroke piston pumps
d. air displacement pumps
10. In this method of analysis , dissolved solids and sugars in tissue specimens can be measured to diagnose pathologic conditions:
3. Column chromatography
4. Planar chromatography
5. Gas chromatography
6. Liquid chromatography
7. Supercritical fluid chromatography
Additional questions will be posted on Wednesday. /VBG