ANSWER AS INDICATED:( 1 pt.each)
1. Standard angle of entry of needle in venipuncture.
15 to 30 degrees angle.
2. Time allowed for application of the tourniquet.
Less than 2 minutes
3. Standard gauge of needle used in venipuncture.
4. Rimming is done _____ only to prevent hemolysis.
once or twice
5. Time to allow the blood to clot to extract serum.
15 to 30 minutes
6. The rpm of the centrifuge used for serum and plasma preparation.
2,000 to 2,500 revolutions per minute (rpm)
7. Time to stand the blood for plasma preparation.
None, you do not stand it. You mix blood and anticoagulant immediately to avoid clotting.
8. Check the patient's site of puncture after how many minutes?
3 to 10 minutes
9. Sodium fluoride is ideal for what test?
Glucose test, because it prevents glycolysis simultaneously.
10.How many minutes should you centrifuge the blood for serum and plasma preparation?
5 to 10 minutes.