Review Questions for Calibration of Volumetric Apparatus and Preparation of Solutions
1. How would you prepare a 0.2 N HCL, 0.5 N HCL, from a 30 mL, 50 mL, and 60 mL aliquot of 1 N HCL?
2. Give examples of primary standards for acid and base solutions.
3. List the requirements of a good primary standard.
4. What is the most frequently used cleaning solution for glassware?
5. Name two general types of pipets and their corresponding calibrating medium.
6. How do you read opaque and clear solutions?
7. How do you prepare 0.85 % NaCl solution?